Friday, November 16, 2012

2012 Garlic Harvest Begins .........

It's time........
2012 Garlic Crop
to start harvesting........  

Mulch removed from the pathway
mulch is removed from the pathways and transfered to cover the recently planted ginger ..........

Using the cutter bar to cut the roots of the garlic
then the roots of the garlic are cut so that it is easy to lift out of the ground ........

Lifting out to see the size and quality

oh, it's looking like a bumper crop ............


First row ready for lifting out
needless to say we are going to be very busy for a while :)

12 comments:

Enchanted Moments said...

Dosnt that make me smile, fields of Australian grown garlic......

mashelly said...

makes my lot look tiny and here I was thinking I was having a big harvest this year

Unknown said...

wow! I'm so impressed because I haven't been able to grow decent garlic in my garden yet, let alone an entire field of it! I hope harvest goes well for you.

Kim said...

Wow , and I thought I grew alot of garlic this year...that's amazing. I have a question for you - when I harvested my garlic this year , some were rotten inside?did I pick it too late or is it just because we had rain near picking time?

Linda said...

Well that's a lot of garlic! Well done on your crop!

DbrhH. said...

Wow, lots of garlic hope it sells well for you.

chook said...

hi Bec how are you going with all the flooding ?

Kids and Canning Jars said...

Just stopping by to wish you well during harvst season....

chook said...

Hi my friend how are you ?

chook said...

need a new post please Bec

chook said...

oh dear I need to see your new machine please post a pic pleeeeeeease

Leigh said...

Wow! That is an amazing harvest! Makes me smile to see it; I love garlic.

I'm making the rounds, visiting all the blogs I follow, because I want to share that my homesteading book has just been published! I'm so excited. Please do drop by my blog if you get a chance, to help me celebrate. Plus I'm having a book giveaway, open to the entire world!